Who may submit an entry to the Student Research Award program?
All students in grades 4-12 residing in the state of New York may participate in the Student Research Award program.

What is the application deadline?
Student Research Award entries must be postmarked by July 1.

How can I get a copy of the award guidelines and application form?
The guidelines and application materials are available on the State Archives website, or a paper copy may be requested by e-mail: archedu@nysed.gov, or by phone: (518) 474-6926.

I'm a home schooled student. Who should sign my entry form? 
Home schooled students may have a parent or guardian sign the entry form.

May I drop off my entry at the State Archives? 
Entries may be hand delivered to the State Archives, Room 9C49 Cultural Education Center, Albany on or before July 1 - call (518) 474-6926 to make arrangements.

My project does not fit with any of the categories listed on the entry form. May I still participate in this program? 
All projects that comply with the competition rules as explained in the award guidelines are eligible for this award program. Email us at archedu@nysed.gov or call us at (518) 474-6926 with any questions.

Who determines the award winners? 
Teachers, archivists and historians participate in panel discussions and determine the award winners and certificate of merit recipients.

When will I know if I've won an award? 
Winners are notified in mid-September.

I've put a lot of time and effort into my entry and I'd like to have my project returned to me. How can I make sure my project is returned? 
The only way to guarantee that your project is returned to you is to include a self-addressed envelope with your entry or a reusable carton. Make sure you include a written note requesting that the project be returned.

Who should I contact if I have questions about the award program? 
Contact Jordan Maul at (518) 474-0425, or archedu@nysed.gov